Sunday, January 21, 2018

January 21

Truthfully, Sunday isn't my favorite day of the week. I tend to feel increasingly restless as a given weekend winds down, so I often don't enjoy it as much as I probably should. But I did appreciate much of today, which featured church, another walk with my hunny (and yes, I do know how to spell "honey." It's a cutesy thing I do), and Starbucks-and-grocery-shopping with a friend. (And a small amount of football that I didn't care much about since I don't root for any of the teams in the mix.)

Nothing exclamation point-worthy happened, but as these balloons from my birthday dinner --which are happily gathered in my living room right now-- continue to remind me, every single day can be a day of celebration. Because when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of this life, there's always something for which we can be thankful. And for me today, those things were walks and grocery store runs and church and friends and family. And when I write it all out, it seems like quite a lot, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment