Saturday, January 6, 2018

January 6

With the exception of a lovely coffee meet-up I had with a very good friend, today sucked. So many things about it sucked, in fact, that it would take too long to write them all out, so I'll skip it. There was so very much suck that I had no idea what I'd write until a few minutes ago when this CD cover from an album produced by a choir my mom sings with caught my eye as I walked through the family room:

So much about human life is hard, and as a decidedly sensitive person, I'd guess that my heart winds up hurting more than most. But as this cover suggests, this life is, at its core, a journey. Although journeys can be fun and exciting and the end results are usually worth the effort expended, they're rarely easy or drama-free. And although every journey features at least one not-so-great day now and then, the not-so-great days are quite often exceptions to the rule rather than the norm.

So for that reminder on this mostly forgettable day, I'm thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad day. I always have to remind myself on days like that, that tomorrow is another day. Another day to try again, to hope and most importantly another chance for happiness. I hope that tomorrow is better for you honey ❤️

    ReplyDelete