Tuesday, January 2, 2018

January 2

It was another laid back kind of day for us: just lunch at Jerry's (since Adam and the Little Boys hadn't gotten to go yet this trip), a grocery store run for my grandma, a quick visit to my mom's to return the Christmas tree we borrowed, and McD's.

One of the things I loved the most about today was how much laughter I heard. I heard it when Abby was animating BearBear this morning and at lunch when Brady and Isaac were cackling together over something (I'm not even sure what) and over dinner when Abby "stole" Isaac's unconsumed chicken nuggets and Isaac chuckled over the misdeed until his eyes pooled with moisture. Laughter, I tell ya, is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

(And to explain the other two photos here... one is of the sunset as we drove toward my mom's house, because the winter sunsets here can be so beautiful. The other is of my mom's Christmas tree, because the warm glow of those particular lights always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.)

No comments:

Post a Comment