Thursday, August 1, 2013

August 1

Today, Brady helped me make Rice Krispies treats. I'm no stranger to creating confections in the kitchen, but I think this is the first time I'd ever made those ewey, gooey squares of yumminess. (Seriously!) Just to be different (and because I may possibly have gone overboard buying them on clearance at Target a few weeks ago -- but they were only 17 cents a bag!) we used strawberry marshmallows, hence the pinkness that your eyes may detect:

It was fun to stand at the stove with my muffin perched next to me on the kids' little white stool. He was, as most two year-olds are, eager to help, so I let him unwrap the butter and put it in the pan. And I also let him drop in a few marshmallows and stir the pot as they melted.

I value those simple, everyday bonding moments, though I don't notice them nearly as often as I should. So today, I'm grateful that I remembered to notice. (And I'm also grateful for the deliciousness of those treats!)

No comments:

Post a Comment