Thursday, August 15, 2013

August 15

Today marked another anniversary that I'd like to forget. Three years ago today, Logan's eye turned inward during dinner. And life was never, ever the same again.

Because of that, I decided that today needed to dffer from the norm. So instead of cooking like we did that night, we got Chinese take-out. Instead of eating at the table like we did that night, we ate in front of the TV.

And then this evening, I went to a friend's softball game, and afterward we took a long walk along this path.

It was a gorgeous evening, neither hot nor cold, and it was wonderful to have a leisurely walk with an old friend, talking about whatever came to mind -- the past, the present. The potential for the future.

I can't really put my finger on why, but the whole experience felt like a big blessing, even though there was nothing particularly special about it.

I treasure those mundane good times. And I hope I always will remember to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment