Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19

I headed off to the mall this evening to secure a shirt that would adequately suit my little prepster's kindergarten photo needs tomorrow morning. Before I headed inside, I thought hmm, I haven't noticed the sky much lately, have I? and snapped its picture.

After purchasing an embarrassing number of appropriately preppy shirts (and I won't reveal the number; just suffice it to say that I went just the tiniest bit overboard at Gymboree, Osh Kosh and The Children's Place), I headed outside to my car. By then the sky had darkened considerably (because you know, it takes a long time to buy that many shirts). I did a double take when a bolt of lightning flashed in the distance. (Which is counterproductive, since lightning bolts are over within an instant. But luckily for me, I saw another one about 30 seconds later.) And I thought wow, that's incredible power.

And that's what God is: Incredible power. And lightning is an incredible illustration of that power on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment