Sunday, August 11, 2013

August 11

Today marked exactly 18 months since Logan went Home. I hoped for some sort of pointed, salient moment that would force me to feel his presence... but it didn't happen. But this did happen:

We were --where else?-- on our evening walk when we came upon a set of active sprinklers.

The kiddos were, of course, delighted. Instead of reigning them in, we let them get wet. Isaac, being the funny dude he is, immediately reared up to one of the jets and soaked his bottom. Brady giggled furiously. And Abby shrieked in delight as the tiny jets of water sprayed her face. And though he wasn't physically there, I knew it was precisely the kind of scene Logan would love. And in my mind's eye, I could see him playing along, soaking his own bottom, giggling in his infectious way and shrieking along with his big sister and very best friend.

And for that little late-day glimpse of Heaven, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment