Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12

I had a thought this morning as I sat in the Target cafe nursing a caramel ribbon crunch frappuccino (which, incidentally, was pretty darn tasty). It's a tired old thought, but it bears repetition: life is, in a lot of ways, all about perspective. (And this just happened to be my 'perspective' at the time.)

How we choose to view our circumstances can shape how we think and feel and behave. If we view a situation from its upside, it will look appealing. If we view it from its downside, it can, of course, look less attractive. (Like I can guarantee you that this view of my cup was way prettier than the view I'd have had if I'd turned the cup upside down.)

Since I'm sort of rambling here and in serious danger of never making a point, I guess I'll tie up the message by saying that I'm grateful for reminders to have perspective and to look for the upsides in all of my circumstances.

(And God, who knows how much I like a sweet treat now and then, was most definitely in my frappuccino.)

No comments:

Post a Comment