Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 20

This is Aaron Turner.

He's a contestant on the current season of So You Think You Can Dance. I first decided I liked him because like me, he's a tapper. But after watching his segment during tonight's episode, I discovered something else about him that made me gasp.

He shared that his best friend, who he called his inspiration, passed away while the two were in high school. Now, whenever he finishes a dance, he kisses his fingers, raises them, and looks skyward. A beautiful gesture indeed.

The thing that got me? I do almost exactly the same thing. After I finish a dance, I fold my hand into the I love you sign, kiss it, raise it and look up. For Logan. I'd never before noticed anyone else doing something like that, so it struck me right smack in the middle of the heart.

I hope he wins, both for himself and for his best friend. And maybe a little for a kid in Heaven he never knew whose mom blows him kisses when she dances, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment