Friday, August 16, 2013

August 16

I won't bore you (or gross you out... believe me, you don't want to know) with the finer points of my day. Instead, I'll share a moment that made me laugh out loud, because I think God speaks to me in those moments, if only to say Ha! See, I'm funny!

I left the family room for a few minutes this afternoon, and when I came back, I found Brady watching TV like this:

I have no idea how he wound up in this position. It's almost like he was climbing over the back of the couch, decided it was too much work, and just quit right then and there. He did, of course, eventually move, but he laid like this for a good long while, sucking on that pacifier, watching PBS Kids.

Now that I think more on it, I have another observation about this image. It reminds me that even in the midst of difficult times --like the rigorous activity of couch-climbing-- it's okay --and even helpful-- to take little breaks. And that's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment