Sunday, August 18, 2013

August 18

Tonight, Adam and I went out for our anniversary dinner.

Previous years saw us dressing up and heading out to nice places with actual table linens and gourmet desserts.

But not this time. This year, we went casual. I wore denim shorts and he donned an oft-worn Hawaiian shirt as we hit up a local eatery for some Italian fare.

It was, at its core, a comfortable evening with my very best friend. No pretension, no trying to impress each other. Just being the people we are.

And that kind of comfort is one of the biggest blessings of them all, if you ask me, because I often get the feeling that God wants our relationships with Him to be marked by equal senses of familiarity and closeness.

And it's the neatest thing to see that wee reflection of Heaven here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment