Friday, August 9, 2013

August 9

Our 11th wedding anniversary is next weekend. Since they'll be out of town then, Adam's parents offered to take the kids tonight so we could have an extended date night -- in our case, dinner and a movie instead of just dinner.

We went where we often go --The Cheesecake Factory-- and then headed over to the theater in Dublin where we took in The Heat.

Honestly, I spend a lot of time feeling a lot older than 35. But when I walked into that theater this evening with just Adam and a whole free night ahead, I suddenly felt 15 years younger, like we were back in college at Ontario Mills heading to the 10 PM showing of Good Will Hunting or As Good As It Gets.

I love my kids --all of them-- and I am very blessed by many aspects of my adult life. But this one time, it was a blessing to feel young and carefree again.

No comments:

Post a Comment