Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5

We planted a pear tree last fall. Today, after watching the fruit progress from nothingness to buds to flowers to itty bitty pears to full-sized pears, I finally plucked one from a branch after finishing my dinner out on the patio.

Each kid begged for a slice, so I took it into the kitchen and divided it into pieces so we could share.

I've always liked pears, but I tell the truth when I say that this was the most delicious pear I've ever eaten. It was a bit crunchy for my taste, but the flavor was so perfectly sweet and wonderful that I honestly can't wait to have another one. And the kids and Adam loved it, too. They were bummed out when we'd finished the whole thing and I didn't have more to dole out.

The experience reminded me that sometimes, we have to wait to enjoy good things; they have to have a chance to grow and mature first. And God totally, absolutely works that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment