Friday, February 10, 2017

February 10

I don't think I'm ever really ready for The Anniversary, yet here we are once again: tomorrow will mark five years since Logan departed this life. I've been trying to come up with something to write that encompasses every strand of emotion I feel, but I haven't been able to do it. Not now. Maybe not ever. But I'll keep trying because his story is worthy of being told and I want his legacy to live on in whatever way possible.

For the past four years, I've gotten together with these women --and others-- on a date in February to celebrate his life via a Moms' Coffee in his honor. Some of them knew him; some I met only after the battle concluded. Today happened to be the day of our meet-up this year.

I know that on a very basic human level, it has to be awkward to show up to a gathering like this, but it means so much to me that they do; that as moms, they're willing to confront something as horrible as child loss head-on and sacrifice a few hours of their time to just sit and be with me during the hardest time of my year. Not everyone will do that for someone else, so I am beyond blessed to have them in my life.

1 comment: