Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February 21

It rained and rained some more today. I don't like to complain about it given how long we were under drought restrictions, but it's gotten to be a bit much. Frustrations and inconveniences aside, rain can pave the way for lovely side displays like this.

I saw several rainbows today, but this one was probably my favorite. When Brady and I went to pick up Isaac this afternoon, it was merely overcast, so I left the umbrellas in the car. Of course, as soon as the bell rang, the skies let loose with a gentle rain. I lamented my damp jacket and pants as we trotted back to the car, but then I turned and saw this, and knew I had to stop to take a picture.

A rainbow is, after all, a visible reminder of God's presence and promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment