Wednesday, February 22, 2017

February 22

February is complicated for me. And February 22 is one of the most complicated dates of them all.

Nine years ago, my one and only niece was born. And it was the coolest birthday, since I'm her only aunt, and my birthday is 1/11 -- exactly half of 2/22. I may not have been there, but I was thrilled when I got the news. It was a truly great day.

Then six years ago, Logan had neurosurgery. That experience concluded with the surgeon emerging from the OR, pulling up a chair, and telling us "well, I think I got it all." But of course, as we later discovered, he hadn't actually gotten it all.

So this date has been rich with meaning: it went from a joyful one that celebrated new life to a scary one that featured a risky surgery on one of my loves to a re-birthday of sorts to a day that didn't yield the outcome we so desperately desired. So... complex.

So what did I do with all of that today? Not a lot, to be honest. I think my heart rehashed it without really burdening my brain. Instead, I watched the clouds come and go, lighten and darken, form and disappear. And it --like February 22-- was beautiful, if only because God Himself made it all happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment