Monday, February 6, 2017

February 6

It rained today, which meant rain boots and raincoats and umbrellas. (Well, an umbrella for me. The kids don't seem to share my desire to stay dry when not in a pool, shower, or bathtub. Go figure. But I digress.) As usual, Brady sought out jumpable puddles when we went to pick up Isaac. As I surveyed the path to the school, I didn't see many, and I assumed he'd be disappointed. I was wrong.

With his typically indomitable six-year old spirit on display, he went from one super shallow, virtually non-existent puddle to the next, gleefully stomping and gushing over their hugeness. And over how fun it was to splish-splash in the rain.

And I was almost instantly humbled. He found joy in what could well be described as an incredibly lame situation. I could learn from that. I think most of us could, if we're honest with ourselves. So let's just be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment