Wednesday, February 8, 2017

February 8

Yup. That's a Hostess Cupcake. I just ate it (after I spent 70 minutes on the treadmill).

So now you're probably wondering exactly why you're looking at a cupcake, and the answer is as corny as you could imagine: because today was... sweet. (And because I forgot to take other pictures.)

I woke up feeling good, and I found myself going through the day with a positive attitude. I didn't nag any kids this morning when they took their sweet time getting out the door. When someone cut me off while I was driving, I didn't cuss about it. (It's totally sad, but that's a real accomplishment for me.) I came away from Isaac's first meeting with his new baseball team this evening feeling good about the upcoming season.

The best part? None of it was hard. I felt at ease. At peace. Contented. Even happy. And I felt that way in spite of the difficult day that's on the horizon. All blessings. All sweet. All unexpected. But that's how God works sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment