Saturday, February 11, 2017

February 11

I'm exhausted and not feeling the best, but I made it through the day. We donated blood and lunched at Red Tractor, went for a walk and had a pair of Logan favorites --spaghetti and meatballs and chocolate cake-- for dinner as we watched Cars.

Although the sunny skies made it feel like a Logan Day, the biggest wink came early on, as Adam and I headed home from donating blood. We'd sat in silence through most of the ride, when, feeling a little too overwhelmed by the quiet, I learned forward and turned on the radio. I'd silently hoped to hear the Cars theme song, and though that didn't happen, what we did hear at that moment was almost as good.... "...Disney on Ice, starring Lightning McQueen..." Not Belle or Ariel or Elsa, but Lightning McQueen.

It was a perfectly timed nod to a precious memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment