Friday, February 24, 2017

February 24

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but Abby and I usually go shopping on Saturday afternoons. Last week, as we were headed out the door, Brady scurried into the foyer and announced that he wanted to come. I said no --given that it's become our weekly girl-time and she's almost a teenager so she's probably well on her way to disliking me for a while-- and he was absolutely crestfallen. But I promised to take him shopping at some point this week, and that seemed to make him happy enough. So today we went to Target before school.

He flitted around the nearly empty store --since apparently not a lot of folks around here go to Target at 8:30 in the morning-- looking at Tsum Tsums and cars and shoes and all sorts of interesting things.

He was just happy to be there with me. It was just a shopping trip, but he soaked in the experience, and in doing so, reminded me --as he so often does-- to fully live out each moment --even the most mundane ones-- with a joyful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment