Monday, February 27, 2017

February 27

Funny story.

I got the email telling me about Isaac's baseball team assignment late one night about a month ago. The coach asked for the kids' jersey number preferences and wanted them ASAP, since they needed to be ordered ASAP. Since Isaac was asleep at the time, I replied that he'd be happy with any number.

The next morning, I told Isaac about his new team and what I'd said in re: the number. He replied 'aw, I wanted to be number 10. Oh well.' (He was #10 last season.) That was that, though. I told him he'd get what he got, and it would be fine because it was just a number and the important thing is being part of the team. He agreed.

Fast forward to today. The coach handed out the jerseys at practice. And Isaac is... #10. How funny is that? The coach had NO idea that he wanted to be #10 and there were TONS of available numbers (we have a 22, a 99, and so on) yet it happened anyway.

I guess he's meant to be #10.

Oh. And Logan is... 10. I got the weirdest chill when I realized the connection there. It's kind of like Isaac will be playing with an angel on his shoulder (or perhaps more accurately, on his back) all season long.

No comments:

Post a Comment