Saturday, February 25, 2017

February 25

I was talking to Abby about personality characteristics this afternoon, and happened to mention the Myers-Briggs profile. Since we were in the car at the time and she had nothing else to do, she searched it up on her phone and started answering the questions.

After I parked, she began reading the questions and answering them aloud, and it was hilarious.

One of my favorite moments came when she read 'My emotions change rapidly from one moment to the next'. She guffawed and exclaimed "Uh, duh, I'm 12!" Another favorite was when she read 'I care a lot about what other people think of me' and 'I get nervous when I don't get responses to emails and assume I've done something wrong.' Her responses? A succinct 'no' to both. (I wish I could say the same; she certainly doesn't get her confidence from her mom.)

I love her candor. I love that she really does seem to know herself. And I love that even though I'm an adult, I can still learn a few things from her example.

No comments:

Post a Comment