Sunday, July 16, 2017

July 16

My legs were screaming at me after yesterday's 3 1/4 mile uphill trek, so it was a good thing that today was a scheduled down day.

It consisted primarily of breakfast and the fitness center for me and Abby (who tried out a treadmill for the first time ever and didn't fall off -- I consider that a victory) and swimming at the pools for the boys. Then it was back to the house to hang out, play cards, and eat dinner, and then back to the club for some dessert (and a round of Scrabble) this evening.

It's quiet now; Adam is reading to the Little Boys, Abby is on the love seat reading something on her phone, and I'm on the couch. It's a nice place; very tranquil and clean and full of light (well, during the daytime hours. It's dark now, duh me). It was frustrating when we had to make a last-minute change because Adam's parents' house was unexpectedly unavailable, but I think it's worked out well (and I've definitely burned a lot of extra calories being a bit further from the club). And I'm thankful that we're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment