Sunday, July 30, 2017

July 30

I'm always a little nervous when we get together with another family for a social activity. Some of us are on the shy side of the spectrum, so I harbor nagging concerns that personalities won't mesh and conversation won't flow. So while we drove over to my friend's house this evening for one such outing, I silently prayed that it would go well (because I really, really wanted it to go well).

And fortunately, it did. The kiddos all got along well and had fun in the pool. (So much fun, in fact, that both Isaac and Brady --who've been up until almost midnight several times this past week-- were asleep by the time their heads met their pillows.) And us parents had a good time, too, I think. (I can only speak for myself, but I enjoyed myself.)

Tomorrow --Logan's birthday-- will no doubt usher in many mixed emotions and I'll deal with them and process them as they arise. But tonight, I'm thankful to have had a really nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment