Saturday, July 8, 2017

July 7

We've settled into something of a one-day-on, one-day-off kind of routine, meaning we do something adventurous one day and lie around at the pool (or if you're me, you go to the fitness center and watch the ocean and/or TV while walking on the treadmill) on the next. Today was an "on" day, so we suited up relatively early and headed for the eastern side of the island and the Kuamoo-Nounou Trail, which takes hikers over the so-termed Sleeping Giant's belly and ends with a scenic overlook.

It was, as was Tuesday's adventure, a tougher row to hoe than I might have expected. The first part of the hike courses through beautiful nature --trees, moss, and pretty wildflowers, some of which Isaac and Brady "adopted" in order to entertain themselves as they walked along-- and is nice and easy, for the most part, but the last stretch was basically uphill, uphill, uphill. My legs were still a little jelly-like from The Swamp Trail so I wasn't sure I'd make it at times, but, like before, we persevered at made it to the top. (But not the very tippy-top. Super steep climbs over jagged rocks are not for me.)

Afterward, we headed back toward Koloa and fulfilled one of Abby's wishes by stopping for lunch at Bubba's (where Isaac also got to indulge his love of onion rings). Then there was more shave ice. (Since it was literally right next door. Well, since it was literally right next door and since that's what we do on Kaua'i: eat frozen flavored sugar water over and over again. Mmm-mmm good. For the record, I had cherry and pineapple. Cherry is almost always a winner and it was definitely up to snuff, but didn't love the pineapple.)

Beautiful weather and great company all-around. A good, good day, sponsored as always by the Good, Good Father. I know we're so very blessed to be here.

1 comment:

  1. I promise I won't comment on all the blogs, but I am totally enjoying this A LOT! I think my plan is to return with just my husband to see if we can take a few hikes. By the way...Fresh Shaved ...I haven't seen it yet on your blog and I know it's got to be coming, but it's wonderful, not so sugary and yummy! All fresh and organic. I know, we all have our favorites.

    ReplyDelete