Saturday, July 8, 2017

July 8

In keeping with our trend, today was a low-key one. We mostly hung around the house and chilled. Brady walked over to the club with me this morning (because he remembered the oatmeal that's available) so he was my little coffee date. We sat on the lanai and watched the ocean and chit-chatted about this and that. At one point, it started to rain (which is a totally normal occurrence on a given day) and we watched as a rainbow formed over the ocean.

Otherwise, back at the house, Abby did some writing, the Little Boys played video games, Adam took a nap, and I painted my nails. Then, when I decided that we needed to do something, we all walked back over to the club, where we had some snacks, Adam read a little to Abby while the chicos played air hockey, and then we played horseshoes. (Yup, horseshoes. I'd forgotten how difficult it can be!)

But one of my favorite moments of the day came after the sun had set and we'd returned to the house. I'm not sure exactly why, but Abby consented when Isaac asked if he could hug her goodnight. (She almost always says no way.) So he hugged her, which prompted Brady to join in on the hugfest. And then for several minutes after the initial hugging began, they wandered around the first floor en-masse, hugging and giggling. She pretended not to like the attention, but I know she did: I could see it in her smile and in how she continued to play along. I love it when they're willing to cop to their love for one another. It makes an entire day seem more worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment