Friday, July 21, 2017

July 20

Per the unofficial official schedule, today was a low-key day, but this time, we didn't just hang around the house and the pools. I awoke to another rainbow, and then all of the boys joined me for breakfast at the club. (Abby passed since she's been staying up late reading fan fiction for "The Outsiders" and "High School Musical." I wish that was a joke but it's not.) After breakfast (and getting caught in another little rainstorm followed by some time at the house), we headed over to the Kickshaws food truck for lunch, since Isaac's teacher mentioned that they served up awesome burgers and they were closed when we tried to go Tuesday. She was right! I had a grilled cheese that was just amazing, and Adam, Abby, and Isaac gobbled up their 100% Awesome Burgers, which --as Adam noted-- were made from 80% beef and 20% ground bacon. (Yup. Bacon.) The only one not so thrilled was Brady, who's picky palate wasn't pleased with the gourmet grilled cheese. Definitely his loss there.

From there, we drove to Salt Pond Beach in Hanapepe for some ocean-time. Adam and the Little Boys quickly wound up in the water, with Brady consistently trying to drag them further and further out and me consistently nagging Adam about not going out too far. I got in for a short time, too, while Abby spent her time lying on a towel listening to music. (Probably Taylor Swift. Again.) I'm not really a big beach person so we only stayed about an hour before we headed back to The Fresh Shave for more shave ice, and then to the house. I spent some time at the fitness center while everyone else hung out at home, and then we all headed back to the club for dinner, where Brady and Abby both donned Adam's aviator-style sunglasses at different points and we told them of the greatness of Top Gun.

And that brings me to this moment on the couch. It's a little later than I might like because we took our time over dinner (where I drank several cups of decaf coffee that I'm seriously hoping was actually decaf because if not... whoooo-eee), but I feel a sense of thankfulness for all of these experiences, both the mundane and the spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment