Sunday, July 23, 2017

July 22

We took the requisite relaxed approach to today. After Adam whipped up some bacon and eggs for the youngsters (top left -- they even looked up from their devices for three seconds so I could snap a pic), the two of us headed over to the clubhouse for some coffee and light breakfast of our own. (I'm starting to love blueberries and homemade granola in milk. I'll miss it when we go home.)

Then in the early-afternoon hours, we headed to the pool. (Well, they headed to the pool. I headed to the fitness center and then to the pool.) It was an on-again, off-again overcast day that seemed to threaten showers fairly regularly, but not much rain actually fell, so we all had a good time in the water: Abby and Isaac engaged in a butterfly stroke battle (which, thankfully for her ego, Abby won), and Isaac showed off his handstands. Then after that, more Scrabble at the clubhouse was on the menu; I won with a few assists from Abby. (And I've enjoyed playing it so much that I ordered Super Scrabble from Amazon yesterday. Boo yah!) And then, finally, it was on to dinner at Pizzetta in Koloa Town.

We've done a lot during our time here in Kaua'i. We've seen a lot of sights, hiked a bunch of trails, and spent a lot of time together. And I've learned that though the kids may bicker and though I may get frustrated at times, there's really no one else with whom I'd rather spend my time. Family is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment