Wednesday, May 1, 2019

May 1

So admittedly, this adorable picture of my sun-freckled Brady at Isaac's baseball game this evening doesn't have a whole lot to do with what's to come, other than calling to mind memories of Logan (who he happens to resemble). But here we go anyway.

I was sitting in my usual spot at Starbucks this morning when a mom from the elementary school came in with her young son. We'd exchanged pleasantries in the past, so she came over to say hi, and we spent a few minutes chatting.

I can't even remember how the topic came up, but I happened to mention that my kids had gone to Shining Light Preschool, and she said her daughter had as well but the cost was a bit prohibitive so she'd moved her to transitional kindergarten for this year. I told her that the preschool offered a scholarship to a family each year, and she shared that her family had been blessed with it last year. And then the goosebumps came and I froze for a moment, because the scholarship was created in Logan's memory. I asked if she knew the story behind the gift and she didn't, so I filled her in. And I think we both had A Moment.

Of course I wish I could hit rewind and undo Logan's illness and passing, but those rare moments that give me a peek at how others were blessed by his life and gifted by his legacy make the bitter substantially more sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment