Wednesday, May 29, 2019

May 29

Since it's finals week and Abby gets out early each day, she decided to accompany me to pick up the boys this afternoon, mostly so she could say goodbye to this gal.

After many years at the school, Melanie is pulling up the stakes this summer and starting a new adventure in a brand new state. It's bittersweet to see her go; since we met four years ago (when she was Abby's fifth grade teacher), I've enjoyed our every-now-and-again chit-chats about country music concerts (because I swear no one goes to more of them than she does) and veiled commentary over shared socio-political opinions and convictions.

It's always a bummer when good people leave (and it's a double bummer since so many of them have exited in recent history), but I'm happy for her and wish her many, many blessings from here on out. And I'll always be grateful for the time Abby spent in her classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment