Thursday, May 2, 2019

May 2

I've been pretty open about the fact that I haven't exactly loved this school year. It's been challenging in ways I didn't expect, and it's probably going to come to an end with me feeling a bit less balanced than I'd like. But I came across something I wrote back in 2015 in this very blog that still rings true. (And yes, this feels horribly self-indulgent but hang with me.)

The reality is that though I've faced a number of difficult --even traumatic-- events throughout the course of my life, none of them define me. And even though the past several months have been disappointing in a number of ways, I am still --and will always be-- okay. The bad moments that made me cry still will not define me. They may mar this chapter a bit, but they don't change the definition of me.

And that truth is a blessing to my tired heart and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment