Friday, May 3, 2019

May 3

Ah, if bleachers could talk.

I know that's a strange observation, but it's one that I had as I sat at the Sports Park --right there on the visitors' side bleachers by LL1-- watching Isaac's team practice this afternoon.

I've spent a lot of time perched on bleachers over the past five years. I've enjoyed idle chit-chat and full-scale belly laughs in sweltering heat under a blazing sun. I've cheered on teams both skilled and not-so-much in pouring down rain that left my soaking wet jeans clinging uncomfortably to my skin. I've even engaged in serious conversations about the challenges and pains of human life and shed a few tears on those bleachers.

I've lived valuable vignettes of life on those clangy metal slats. And for those moments --those mini-stories I'll probably carry with me for years to come-- I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment