Sunday, May 5, 2019

May 5

It wasn't a fully typical Sunday at the Wight House. We went to church as usual, but then we parted ways for much of the afternoon, as Adam took the kiddos to the movies and I headed home solo. A few moments after they got back to the house (and I mean literal moments -- so little time passed before the doorbell rang that I suspect they were lying on wait on the sidewalk), Isaac and Brady's friends showed up and asked if they could play, so they departed. Then Abby went off to her room, and Adam and I headed to the Sports Park for our usual Sunday afternoon stroll.

I did the lion's share of the talking (as usual -- I am a bit of a chatter) as we rounded the loop. I've been trying to resolve a few different issues in my head and hearing myself say aloud what I've silently mulled can help.

At one point, I looked up at the sky and saw sunbeams radiating from the clouds. I love the beauty inherent in that filtered light; I love how soft it looks, and I love how no matter how many times I see it, it never quite looks exactly the same. And I love the soothing effect that simply looking at it from below has on my soul. So for the blessing of those moments of calm amid an otherwise rather emotionally taxing time, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment