Saturday, May 4, 2019

May 4

During Brady's final at-bat this afternoon, I turned my head and happened to notice his friend Kaylin standing behind the dugout. I watched her as she watched my littlest boy swing the bat, and then I watched as she crossed the field to get to her brother's game (which also happened to be Isaac's game since they're on the same team).

A few minutes later, after the game ended and the gear had been gathered, Brady and I followed suit. He joined Kaylin in the outfield, and I joined Adam and Abby on the bleachers. I alternately watched the game and the two of them. I smiled as they hit up the snack shack for Icees, and as they sat in the grass chatting, and again as they scurried around an adjacent field playing a casual pick-up game.

Few relationships are sweeter than childhood friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment