Thursday, May 30, 2019

May 30

To quote "Hope Floats" (remember that one? Sandra Bullock and Harry Connick Jr.?), my cup runneth over. I've desperately needed a really good day for some time now, and I finally got one.

I started by getting up (slightly) before the sun to meet Kathy (who squeezed me in during a quick trip) for a brief walk and coffee. I always love time with her so though I don't even pretend to be a morning person (and in fact, I cannot wait to turn off my alarm clock for the summer tomorrow), the interaction put me in a happy place.

Then I dropped Abby at the high school for her last freshman year final exam (!) and scurried across town to take the boys to the elementary school, where I patroled Field Day for a few hours (which, given that it's a PTA event, seemed logical since I'm still the PTA President). While there, I watched Isaac and Brady have fun, of course, but I also had some really nice, restorative conversations with some friends and took in some confidence-boosting words of gratitude from a handful of teachers. And honestly, I really, really needed to hear them.

So yes. A very good day and my little heart couldn't be more full. And for that, I couldn't be more thankful.

1 comment: