Monday, May 27, 2019

May 27

The boys went to their friends' house this morning, and during a stroll around the neighborhood, Adam and I swung by to pick them up this afternoon. Brady and his friend were industrious during their time together (as they often are), and he came home toting a long chainlink "snake" complete with a tongue, little containers of homemade slime, and a wine box full of... something. (I didn't look inside so I'm honestly not sure about the contents, but there were plastic Easter eggs involved.)

I chuckled as I walked along behind that pajamaed kid (because since his friend was in PJs when she showed up at our house, he figured he may as well stay in his too). There was something so precious about the way he bobbed along with that box in-hand and that colorful snake chain tucked around his neck that the sight made my heart grin.

My own childhood wasn't particularly amazing, but I'm grateful that I can sit back and soak in my own kids' positive experiences now. It doesn't change the past, of course, but it certainly makes the present pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment