Monday, May 20, 2019

May 20

Ah, sweet perseverance. If I had to praise Isaac and his teammates for one thing, it'd be their stick-to-it-iveness, because even though it took them a really, really (REALLY) long time to win a game, they've been on a tear during the playoffs. Another win tonight (over the number three seed, in fact) secured them a spot in the final four. Boom, right? I think so.

I have no idea what will happen from here on out, but I'm so thrilled for these boys. I love that they keep trying and keep supporting each other no matter what and keep shouting their more-creative-by-the-day chants from the dugout, and I love that they are --at long, long last-- seeing the fruit of their labor. And I love watching them do their little pregame huddle (which is what this rather lame picture tried to capture).

Regardless of how the rest of the playoffs turn out, I hope they'll realize they were part of something special this Spring. Because they most definitely are something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment