Wednesday, May 15, 2019

May 15

Isaac is a try'er, so when the school year began, I wasn't at all surprised when he said he wanted to try playing an instrument. After a brief (and panic-inducing) flirtation with the idea of taking on the drums, he eventually settled on the saxophone, and spent the last several months learning the basics. Since Abby passed on her own chance to learn an instrument in elementary school, I attended what was my first-ever fifth grade band concert this afternoon.

(Isaac is way over to the right of the shot wearing the green A's shirt.)

I can't say it was the most amazing music I've ever heard, but I smiled the whole time and truly enjoyed watching him play.

He may or may not continue on with music in the future, but I'm really proud of him for broadening his proverbial horizons by once again devoting time to trying something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment