Monday, May 6, 2019

May 6

Brady had a good game tonight: he lined a nice double into right field, drove in a run, and crossed the plate himself. And he also spent an inning behind the plate.

The hit and the win were nice, but my favorite part of the game was that inning he spent catching. He's expressed interest in that particular position throughout the season --even going so far as to ask me (repeatedly) if he could please get some catcher's gear of his own-- but hasn't had many chances. Tonight I feel like he earned more shots at it in the future as he dove for balls, ripped off his mask to try to pick off base stealers, and rarely let any pitches get to the backstop.

Yep, he loves to catch, and it showed. I'm grateful for that enthusiasm because seeing my kids happy makes me happy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment