Friday, May 17, 2019

May 17

I almost always leave the boys in the drop-off lane at school these days, but since the volunteer appreciation flag salute was this morning, I parked and accompanied them to the blacktop. I trailed a few feet behind them and played with my phone for a few moments, but I was touched when I looked up and saw this.

I don't know if they usually hold hands while walking to class or not, but it was a sweet moment for me. After all, Isaac will be in middle school next year and I'm sure holding hands with his little brother won't have a place on his to-do list when those future days become the present.

It's bittersweet knowing that they're all continuing to change and grow, but I'm grateful anyway, because I also live the alternative -- wishing someone was still changing and growing. And I'll take the former over the latter any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment