Monday, May 10, 2021

May 10

I put the final touches on Abby's blanket this afternoon, so I am now officially finished with my Kid Blanket Trilogy.

Given that hers was the first one I started last Fall, there was something poetic about it being the last one finished. And I definitely felt a nice sense of completion as I put the last stitch in the border and tied it off. 

But here's something you don't know about this trilogy: all three were second attempts. In each case, I'd gotten pretty far into my stitching when I decided to go with different patterns and colors. 

And you know something? In each case, my second attempt was an improvement over the first. It was a great reminder to me that although most of us don't like the idea of starting over from scratch, doing so often leads to big blessings. So when you find yourself needing to start over, do so with grace and tenacity, because great things lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment