Tuesday, May 11, 2021

May 11

I took a glass of peach Moscato up to the observation deck shortly after sunset this evening and watched as the sky above the silhouette of the distant hills merged from orange to yellow and finally, to that faded blue-grey that signals that the sun has fully tucked herself into bed for the night.

The sky continued its transition to dark blue and I listened as the birds' closing crescendo gave way to the crickets' nighttime serenade. And as I watched, I whispered quiet prayers for the family and friends whose names were pressed into my heart by the loving hand of the Creator.

There are many (many) things that I wish had gone differently in this life of mine, but all of those things aside, the quiet moments up there alone with God and my spirit and the crickets and the birds (and, well, the Moscato) made it all feel kind of perfect despite the glaring imperfections. 

And for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment