Tuesday, May 18, 2021

May 18

It's always striking to me when something completely mundane jogs a salient memory. And that's just what happened this afternoon when I spied this in the refrigerated section of the local Grocery Outlet store.

Yup, it's a container of cottage cheese with pineapple. Glam, huh?

But seriously, the second I saw it, I felt my hand open the case, reach in, and retrieve it because I just had to taste it again. Why? Because I can distinctly remember eating bowls of cottage cheese with pineapple at my grandma's house. I can remember the taste, of course, but better yet, I can remember the feeling of being there in that kitchen way back in the '80s. Back when I was just a kid.

So for those memories (and honestly, for the genius who invented cottage cheese with pineapple because that stuff is good), I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment