Monday, May 17, 2021

May 17

I've always adored this photo, so I think I've unconsciously looked for a way to display it since it was taken back in 2008.

When I found what felt like the perfect frame for it last week during a stroll through Hobby Lobby, I didn't hesitate to tote it to the register. And then when I got home, I dug through the bin of photo envelopes in the attic until I found the picture, mounted it, and... voila. I'm still not sure where it'll hang, but it's going to go somewhere prominent because it deserves to be seen.

The plain truth that it's a picture of Logan and me is a big part of why I like it so much, but it's not the only reason. I also like it because it shows how excited he was --even at less than two years of age-- about being a big brother. 

And beyond that, the photographer managed to capture what I'd call a moment of pure joy, and that's a rarity. His excitement, my smile... it's all so beautiful and genuine. When I close my eyes and think back, I can almost remember how it felt to look down at his sweet smile and I can almost feel his little hands on my belly. And I can almost feel Isaac acknowledging the presence of those little hands with a kick.

So for the sweet fragrance of a memory that this picture provides, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment