Friday, May 7, 2021

May 7

When this lovely told me a few days ago that she might be able to come visit, I was cautiously optimistic. We've had a few failed attempts since the last time we got together almost 18 months ago, so I didn't want to get TOO excited. But when she told me yesterday that it was a go after all, I was delighted.

Although Taylor and I have kept in touch via text and the occasional phone call since she moved to Napa a few years ago, it was so wonderful to be able to see her in person and to be able to hug her again because she is, well, wonderful.

And it was wonderful to simply share space with her again --even if it was for just a relatively short time-- because being in physical proximity to my friends and being able to look into their eyes and (for lack of a better term) feel their energy are life-affirming blessings to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment