Wednesday, May 5, 2021

May 5

I got up late this morning (since Wednesday is Joke Day, as we've taken to calling it at our house -- no in-person school and not really any online school, either). I had my coffee, checked my email, sent off a few texts, and then puttered into the backyard to water my tomato and pepper plants. While I was there, I decided to make use of one of the packs of peat pots I bought last week and sowed some more green beans and bell peppers.

Then I went inside and watered the bean seedlings in my kitchen window. (Those are the lovelies on the left. The littlest pot will hopefully be a strawberry plant at some point, and I am totally excited about that particular prospect because we love strawberries around here.) And then I swept the kitchen and decided the first floor bathroom could use a cleaning, so I did that too. As I was putting away the mop, I saw an expired ad for JoAnn on the built-in desk in the kitchen, so I threw it out and then decided that I'd probably just neaten the entire space. So I did that, too. Then I went to take a shower but before I got to our bathroom, I decided that I was tired of looking at the piles of photos and unfinished photo albums on our bedroom floor so I plunked down and finished putting them together. And then from my perch on the floor, I spotted dust on the dresser, so I dusted... and on it went.

I don't often feel motivated to clean like a whirling dervish, but when I do, it's always a good thing. So for that burst of motivation, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment