Thursday, May 6, 2021

May 6

I can't remember exactly how it came up, but Abby and I were talking about creme brulee after dinner a few days ago. She said something about its "cheesecake" texture and I said "oh no no, we'll have to have some sometime because it's custard but still way more like flan than cheesecake." 

And courtesy of an evening run to Costco --which just happened to have creme brulee on a endcap that I just happened to notice as we were cruising the refrigerated aisles-- tonight was the night.

We don't actually own a kitchen torch (darn it, but hey, Mother's Day is coming) so we used the oven broiler instead. Though I've had better creme brulees in the past, I liked this one because I got to share the experience with my favorite girl (who, for the record, conceded that it mostly definitely is NOT cheesecake'y stuff).

No comments:

Post a Comment