Sunday, May 2, 2021

May 2

I got my first dose of the COVID vaccine (Pfizer, if you're detail-oriented) on Friday and felt just fine for 36 hours. And then both shoes dropped at once. I woke up in the very wee hours of the morning with a very upset stomach and nausea. When I finally decided to get up for some water, I made it into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl just in time for... well, You Know. You Know continued on repeat for several minutes until my throat burned. And then I went back to bed.

And I spent the entirety of today either in bed or on the couch in the family room trying to sleep and/or ignore the nausea. In sum, it has not been my favorite Sunday.

But what made it okay was my hunny. When he heard me gakking in the kitchen, he hi-tailed it half-awake to see what was going on. When I wandered into the bathroom to try to clean myself off, he took charge of cleaning the bowl and the counter. He checked in on me throughout the day and gave me whatever I asked for (which was really just soda, water, and some rice, but those small things mean a lot when you don't have the energy to move). 

So although I'm admittedly annoyed about having a reaction to a vaccine I only took to protect other people, I'm grateful for the reminder that I married one of the best men out there. :) And THAT is a huge blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment