Tuesday, May 4, 2021

May 4

I glanced to the side during Brady's game tonight (a win for the A's, for the record) and saw Isaac and Adam standing together watching the action from behind the backstop.

And I had a wow-moment. Obviously I know that Isaac has grown --a lot-- over the past year. And I know that's he's a little more than a month away from becoming an official teenager and that yet more rapid growth is coming down the pipes any time now. 

But it still surprised me to see him standing so tall next to Adam. And it surprised me to see how they'd assumed the same arm positioning and how somehow, they looked more like two men than a man and a boy. And truthfully, it made me a wee bit sad, because for the first time, I couldn't really see the space between them where Logan --the oldest brother, the should-be biggest brother-- would fit if he were still with us.

Still, I am thankful, because I am always grateful that my children who are still here with me are continuing to grow and thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment