Wednesday, November 12, 2014

November 12

Today's wink was so flagrant that I couldn't possibly have missed it. (And yes, I so love it when that happens.)

After I retrieved Brady from preschool, we headed to the mall to pick up Abby's birthday pictures. The JC Penney studio was (shockingly) empty, so the manager quickly located my envelope and emptied its contents onto the table for me to peruse. As she did, she said "okay, so here's Logan..." and then she stopped short, shook her head, and said "wait, I have no idea why I just said Logan." She pointed to Abby's photos and said "That's not Logan, is it?"

Her words took my breath away. I've been going there for years, and she probably did a shoot featuring Logan at least once. But as she said, she had 40 appointments yesterday alone so the fact that the name of a random kid she photographed once or twice more than two years ago came to mind... nothing short of miraculous.

A small moment, but a beautiful one indeed. One I'll hold in my heart over the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment